Fall Facility Clean Up (October 7, 12pm)
Published 9:41am on 2 Oct 2018
Calling all Members! We've had a great year so far. However, we also have a lot of events coming up as well. In preparation for these events (and dare I say Facility Closing), I'm requesting assistance Sunday, October 7 @ 12-4pm. Please bring your garden gloves, tools, brooms, rakes, etc. Here is the list of items we plan on tackling.
- Clean the bathrooms
- Clean up flower beds as they have grown in over the summer (Miles, the yellow buckets have got to go. We have guests coming so the dead grass and unplanted flowers need remedied. Let's get your project finished up.)
- Trash/litter pick up around the facility
- Sweep out Pavilion
- Decorate Pavilion for Alum Cup - Old Fox Regatta and Ladies Appreciation Dinner
- Clean up/organize the "stuff" that has accumulated in the shower rooms and move some of it to the green container for the winter if it's in the way.
- Put away the Hunters on the Cat Beach to make room for our out of town multi-hull sailors who will require space
- Fix any dock boards that have popped up over the summer
- Anything else that we can think of...?
Please reply if you are able to make it and what you're interested in helping with day of. I'm trying to get a head count. I will be at the General Meeting on Monday, Oct 1, with a sign up sheet for the event. If you can't make the meeting, but are able to help on Oct 7, please email SocialChair@alumcreeksailing.com, or call/text me 614-204-0649.
I can't stress enough that many hands make light work. We are a volunteer club, so show your support. If you have yet to volunteer this year, this is the time to step up. We all take advantage of the facility, and we'd really like it if everyone could help to do their part for the greater good of the facility that we all love and cherish. Let's break the history chain and get more than the same 10% doing 90% of the work! #ittakesavillage
Social Chair 2018
Last updated 1:16pm on 20 July 2019